Thursday, April 2, 2009

Water March

I may not be Catholic...but this year I pretty much did lent...just minus 9 days and the religion part (but I not saying it was not a spiritual experience). For the month of March (you should note that March is 31 days..not 28, 29 0r 30) my amigos and I opted to nix all liquids besides water. I threw in no cereal w/ milk as well, just for good measure. Cereal is one of my loves (your Vanilla Special K (w. bananas and rasberries) is my heaven) so to make it extra challenging, I decided the serious sacrifice needed to be made.

My friend Tim suggested that I continue the tradition, but dedicate future months to other liquids...for example Hot Chocolate. As much as I like a challenge (and strictly consuming hot chocolate in the month of July would certainly be the greatest challenge of anyone's life. I don't care what you've been through.) you can just assume that that will not happen in my near or far future.

Anyways, finally April Fools rolled around, but there was no funny business. We broke Water March at Cafe Rio (where else?). On the menu: Me - DP, Andie - Diet Coke, Renee - The hard stuff. Raw Coke. It was overwhelming for my palate. So much flavor. Afterward, it was like Forrest Gump when he goes to the White House for the first time after he is an All-American football player. He drinks 13 Dr. Peppers and when he meets the president he says "I gotta go pee"...very similar.

So...that's all I have to say about that.

2 comments:

POM Beasley said...

That was real March Madness.

Lisa Maria said...

hahahahaa. fur realz.