Monday, May 25, 2009

Much Needed

Today I took a long overdue run in Le Bois de Boulogne.  Very pleasant experience... 


The woods are conveniently close to my residence so it is a pity I have not been going more often.  Before my run I discovered that my socks were M.I.A., but I put my shoulder to the wheel and just ran sans socks.  When I ran St. George, I saw a man running without shoes or socks, so really, I was doing pretty well for myself.  However, the trails in Le Bois are sand...and pretty quickly the sand was in my shoe and the blisters were on my feet.  Then towards then end I caught the sent of weed and I knew it was about time to clear out before the prostitutes infiltrated the place.  The park takes on a new life when the sun goes down...

Besides trodding through the streets of Paris, my only other exercise adventure was a bike ride in Versailles Gardens.  Best thing to happen to me since I heard Britney was back.  It was very liberating.  

I saw Marie Antoinette's house and hamlet, which I was unable to experience on my original Versailles excursion.  M.A., you may have had your children stolen and been sent to the guillotine, but still... you were one lucky B.  The Petit Trianon is pretty much the classiest pool house you could imagine.  The Grand Canal, a cross shaped lake where Louis XVI used to entertain himself with live naval battles, was hosting a rowing competition, so that was fun.  ... The picture below is, as you might notice, not the rowing boats, but boats we were unable to enjoy because of the rowing competitions priority to the lake.  They were still photo worthy, though.  

2 comments:

POM Beasley said...

Wow to it all.

Dana said...

Holy cow, that looks gorgeous! And the boats are so quaint.