Sunday, May 17, 2009

Benedictions

Today was Bring-Your-Most-Pungent-Cologne-To-Church Day.  I don't know what the deal was...but every male on the metro formed a pact to wear a whole bottle of cologne.  This has never happened before.  Usually they have a pact against using any sort of deodorizer.   It made my nose burn.  Also, there was a lady who sounded like she had Gollum inside her throat. Paris, you should probably cut back on the cigs.  It's a real problem.  

To pass the train time I turned to my playlist titled "Holy of Holies" and listen to great religious numbers like Homeward Bound (by MoTab, not Simon and Garfunkel), Swing Low Sweet Chariot by Ella Fitzgerald, and Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing sung by Sufjan Stevens (It made me think of Andie.  Anyone who ties Sufjan into Relief Society gets beaucoup de points from me). Church was classic and lovely.  I love the ward.  It's an international ward and I am pretty sure every language is represented by at least one person in attendance.  Also, I like that the women in Paris are very sure, strong and opinionated... and it shows at church, as well. Other things I like about the church - it has a ping pong table, a bathroom, and  free water (the last two being nearly impossible to find elsewhere...I guess I haven't seen too many ping-pong tables lying around either).  

Usually on Sundays, you will find me napping here in the Tuilerie Gardens, but today, I went to a concert at L'Eglise Madeleine instead.  


And so now I am ready to get some Sunday Zzzz.  

Happy Sabbath

Au revoir

2 comments:

Dana said...

I want a copy of your Swing Low! I love Ella!!

Lisa Maria said...

i am jealous