Saturday, February 7, 2009

Got Me Tucked up in Your Pocket


I usually don't consider myself the romantic. People hate watching chick flicks with me because I make fun of everything. I am not a fan of roses. Fairytale undertones bother me (unless we're talking Pretty Woman). But recently I watched He's Just Not That Into You and I didn't regret it for a second.

If I had to rate myself, I would say that I am about 33% girly. That's puts me just a little bit over a quarter...that sounds about right. So if you are a guy who considers them self around 33% girly, this movie would probably work out for you, too. The feminist in me would like to say that everything in the movie is built around cliches and exaggerations. We are not that pathetic and helpless. Everyone has something to work on, and sometimes there's a bad egg...but all in all, we are a little more self-empowered than that.

That being said...Ginnifer Goodwin was about the cutest thing to happen to cinema. Her wardrobe was great. And I don't care what you say, I still love Jennifer Connelly...pig-tails, stiff personality, and all. Her knock-out performance in the Labyrinth makes me a forever loyal fan. I want Scarlett to get the whole singing thing out of her system...and someone needs to tell me what the Wiccan at the wedding reception was all about. The other problem with the movie was the heavy female population which meant a lot of gasping at the romantic or surprise moments, and that...I could have done without. Otherwise I accepted it, even the cheesy parts. For any takers, I am ready to see it again.