Friday, February 6, 2009

But I Want, Want, Want to be Your Love

If you were to ask me, "Maggie Jean....who do you consult in a time of crisis? Who is your life coach?"

I would tell you...without out hesitation, "Oh. That's easy. Handsdown, 100%, blinkin' Lincoln, easy-peezy-lemon-squeezy. That person would be Rachael Yamagata."

So you can imagine my delight when I found out that Rachael will be playing in New York the same time that I will be there. Everything about it is perfect. She is playing at a small winery: intimate. Tickets are cheap: VIP = $38. Location: Close to my hotel...

However, everything hits the fan after that because she is playing at a very inconvenient time. I am going to New York for the National Model United Nations Conference (very excited) and we will be in conference for an indefinite amount of time each day...possibly keeping me from the best concert of my life. So here is my dilemma...do I buy tickets in hopes that I can possibly go or accept reality and let the dream pass me by?

New York...you're breaking my heart already.

4 comments:

Dana said...

Buy the tickets. Just the chance alone is worth the $$. Do it!! But don't go alone. I don't want you to get mugged or anything.

Maggie Mae said...

That's exactly what I wanted to hear.

Jana said...

Buy the tickets. They're lying when they say you'll be there late. But I guess 4:30 my be considered late to Utah.

Jana said...

Now I'm the retard. 4:30 MAY by late.