Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It's a sleight of hand, a white soul band

I'm not a perfect person. I have my vices. One of these vices has been a long uphill battle and there is no end in sight. In high school a friend even dubbed me "Patches". For a nick-name, it really was not so bad, for two reasons. #1 Pirates are hot and the nickname derives from the great pirate patch accessory. #2 I have always been in love with 101 Dalmatians, so I consider it a privileged, really. One of my trials is that...when I am concentrating really hard...I blink with one eye. Just one. And it's kind of a slow one eyed blink. It was not brought to my attention until high school, but the persecution that followed was devastating. Just a lot of people saying, "Wait a minute. I think...did you really just blink with one eye?" The answer is YES, and is it really such a crime? I was beginning to doubt myself. This blinking disorder was really getting the best of me...until I found out my long time hero also has a bad case of the one eyed blink! So what does that mean? It means the one eye blink is the new black. SO who is this fellow Patches? I'll give you 3 hints:

1. Rick, Rick, Rick
2. Can I just spray a little PAM down there right before the baby comes out?
3. This is feirce! No tranny! No hot mess!


Ding, Ding, Ding! Amy Poehler!
I couldn't find a picture of her actually doing the blink...it seems slow to the human eye, but it's quick enough that no camera can capture it. So do your own research, next time you are watching her being her awesome self...look out for it.

5 comments:

Dana said...

I am so delighted to see you up and blogging again, Patches! I've missed your witty sense of humour.

Brittany said...

Actually I HAVE noticed Amy's one eye blinks on Weekend Update numerous times. Next time we see each other I will be sure to look out for yours. Miss you.

Dana said...

I met another girl in the flesh last Thursday who does this like CRAZY. Way more than you and Amy COMBINED. Thought you might like to know.

Jana said...

This might sound kind of lame, but if it makes you feel any better, of all the crazy weird farm cats we've had over the years Patches the cat was always my favorite. You should be honored to bear the name. Just in case you're wondering which cat would come in last on that list, that would be Prince Philip who ran under a car while we were waiting for the bus. Stupid cat.

Maggie Mae said...

This is great feed back. I am on level ground with Amy Poehler and a barn cat, but still better than someone named Prince Philip (at least he had that going for him) and a girl in the flesh. Thank you for all your support.