Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Muddie, I Love You Bushels

Okay, I understand that I am posting a lot about things that happened back in August when it’s now mid-September. What’s up with that, right? The problem is I have not been living in the 21st century these days…the heart of the little computer down at the corner of my screen has hardly been beating. No sign of internet life. Comcast was suppose to come bless my house with the gift of cyberspace, but they completely forgot about us. Thanks again dude for leaving me waiting all Friday morning… But anyways...that's not what I am here for. What I really want to say is that the tea party wasn't the only reason I took a visit to Chico. I had other agendas well. For instance, Granny Beasley’s 100th Birthday (everyone gasps and spits out a few “Oh MYs”). Crazy, I know. It was quite the occasion. Granny is the gift that keeps on giving. We would be bored, less kind, and less sugared without her. She’s the best of treats. For Granny’s birthday bash, family came from all around. Granny enjoyed bragging about her amazing life, that I am so jealous of, and we got to hear her stories one more time. It was the best. Did you know the lady has been picked up by a tornado! Seriously…blows me away every time. The fine lady of the hour received some flashy presents of the gardening genre (right up her alley), a Benjamin (one hundred years of hard earned cash), candy (which is more like a restock of groceries for her), and a new bottle of her favorite “smell-a-ma-good” (aka White Shoulders perfume...paints a great picture, huh). We also played a game called Who Knows Granny Best?. You had to answer questions on the ins and outs of granny’s life. The winner of said game won the rickety wooden ladder that was bribed away from Granny after she was caught using it to prune her pomegranate tree (much taller than your average pomegranate “bush”) . She’s a live wire. Anywhoo...I just want to use my blog to give Granny B a shout out. I love you bushels! Just so you know who you're dealing with.


3 comments:

Dana said...

Love it, love it.

Dana said...

I didn't know Granny had joined the red hat society.

Jerai Moulton said...

Maggie! I heard that you are leaving Tafiti and Jenni too! I have to say that I'm not really surprised and I'm sorry that things started to get so out of control there! I hope that we can stay in touch a little! I always loved our conversations! You always made me laugh!